[Yt-dev] Change in behavior of smoothed covering grids and ghost zones

j s oishi jsoishi at gmail.com
Wed May 26 17:29:23 PDT 2010

Hi all,

> and the vertex centered data, the fields that are interpolated between
> points are logged, then interpolated, then 10^values is returned.
> This is not how Enzo does it, and I think yt should change too.
I am of the opinion that yt should mirror Enzo here. I would like
derivatives taken in yt to be exactly the same as those in whatever
hydro code the data came from. Any conserved quantity involving
differentials of primitive variables (like vorticity in Eulerian
hydrodynamics) should be the same in yt as in Enzo. I think that this
is worthwhile, even if some user results change.