[Yt-dev] Interesting paper on volume remappings

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 08:37:11 PDT 2010

This is an interesting idea, but I think distinct from our light cone
generator.  Eric is right that they are not accounting for evolution of the
structures.  They are only using one data cube to make the image.  In
theory, I think it could be possible to use different data outputs for each
of the stripes so as to actually sample data from the corresponding
redshift.  However, this may lead to duplicate objects since many of the
structures are moving and may not be in the same place in a different data
output.

I can really only see this being useful for making the bowtie-like diagrams
as in the final figure of the paper, but they are pretty cool.  If someone
wants to try to integrate their code, it certainly wouldn't be a bad thing.

Britton