[Yt-dev] proposition to close svn-trunk to active development

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 12:20:09 PDT 2010

I'm on board, too.  Trunk should be stable, and a staging ground for
pushing into a release.  hg can be unstable.  I know I broke this
policy only hours ago, but I think before a big push back to trunk, we
should ask for approval and get a second.  I don't mind handling most
of the merges, but in cases where someone has done a LOT of work, I'll
happily send out patches -- which is what I did with the last big
merge, a couple months ago.  For instance, when Stephen's structure
function goes in, I think he should be the one to 'svn ci' it.

In the next release, which I think may not be very far off, we should
also document this in the proper docs.  I think adding a "How is yt
developed?" section to the docs would be good.

-Matt