[Yt-dev] mercurial stability

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 11:25:23 PST 2010

Hi all,

I just wanted to drop you all a note -- I've consolidated a bunch of
branches, and also made some changes to the volume renderer, and stuck
all that in the main 'yt' branch in hg.  This includes:

1. Volume Renderer calculates which grids are necessary via the
InclinedBox; this means the grids that get partitioned are dependent
on orientiation.
2. (nascent) Chombo support has been merged in.
3. (nascent, inefficient) Gadget support has been merged in.

We may be adding at least one more code over the next two months,
possibly two codes, so I am also planning to do some reorganization of
the file system in the mercurial repo -- probably in a different
branch -- to separate things by code and to codify units and
parameters a bit more.  I'll keep you all up to date.  Right now
Chombo is unsupported, but it sort-of-works, modulo unit problems.
(Three cheers for Jeff, who wrote the whole thing in like an hour!)