[Yt-dev] Axis-aligned normal vectors in the camera

Rick Wagner rwagner at physics.ucsd.edu
Thu Jul 29 07:58:27 PDT 2010

Good Morning,

I've been trying out the volume render, with a lot of success. However, while I was starting to work on rotating the view, I found the normal vectors aligned with x, y or z would create blank images. After reading what was printed on the console, I saw that the volume being rendered had zero width in two dimensions:

yt         INFO       2010-07-29 08:31:28,740 Traversing 17583 bricks between [ 0.45  0.5   0.5 ] and [ 0.55  0.5   0.5 ]

I tried looking into extension/volume_rendering/camera.py last night, in particular _setup_normalized_vectors, but the body and mind were weak. I'll keep trying, but if anyone has suggestions, or corrections to my method, they would be appreciated.

Rendering script at http://paste.enzotools.org/show/958/

Thanks,
Rick