[Yt-dev] Fwd: [Cython] C++ support - A simple tutorial

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 20:03:08 PST 2010

Hi guys,

Cython now supports -- or will, with 0.13, coming soon -- wrapping C++
classes without any mucking about with a lot of fake wrapping and
whatnot.

This could be a BIG step forward for a LOT of projects.  Things like
direct wrapping of Enzo data structures -- particularly for inline
analysis! -- as well as interfacing with external C++ libraries for
graphics support.  Once upon a time I spent some effort to wrap Enzo
with Cython, and the C/C++ divide just ended up causing headaches, but
this should reduce or eliminate that quite a bit.

Just something to keep in mind.

-Matt