[Yt-dev] numpy 1.4

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 20:30:34 PST 2010

Hi Stephen,

Feel free to use it, but actually Numpy-1.4 has been causing problems
as it break the ABI.  So all of our extension modules will have to be
re-compiled (not a big deal) and we *may* have to re-generate the
Cython extensions -- I believe Cython 0.13.1 has support for changing
struct sizes, but that might only be in pre-release.

So I think we should upgrade people but even as of right now (I've
been following the thread tonight, actually!) it's not clear whether
or not ABI breakage will occur in the final 1.4 release.  If it does,
there might be some headaches, but all in all it'll be a good upgrade,
I'm sure.

-Matt