[Yt-dev] Parallel Volume Renderer

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 16:36:55 PST 2010

Hi Stephen,

> That's great! I haven't actually used it yet, but it looks super useful. I wonder, can one use a different field to volume render besides Density?

Definitely.  As of right now,

http://hg.enzotools.org/yt/file/56ebd27cc796/yt/extensions/volume_rendering/software_sampler.py#l111

it's an argument.  Hopefully soon we'll be able to use one field for
RGB and another for Alpha.  I dug back into the source code this
weekend to do the aspect ratio and decomposition, so I think I know
how to stick in the second field without any real overhead, and it's
just going to be a matter of getting a transfer function that'll help
us test it!  Jeff & John, I know you had both expressed a lot of
interest in this -- do either of you have a set up for a rho&T
dependent transfer function?