[Yt-dev] Volume rendering with current (3628:da3894bf42a5) change set

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 16:41:37 PST 2010

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the brief reply (I'm actually on vacation while moving,
stealing a bit of time at the computer.)

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 1:44 PM, Chris Malone <chris.m.malone at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> Thanks for the feedback.
>
>> That's a bit odd!  My guess is that something's up with the center and
>> domain left edge info.  Can you run with --detailed or
>> --paste-detailed, and it should give info about the center and LE
>> variables.  Alternately, you can run with:
>>
>> python2.6 -m pdb some_script.py
>>
>> and print LE, LE.shape, self.back_center, self.back_center.shape.  It
>> seems likely to me it's something like one is shaped (3,1) and the
>> other (1,3) or (3,) or something.
>
> After using the debugger as you suggested and looking more closely it seems
> that LE is still an empty list because self.bricks = None even after a call
> to self.partition_grids().  The latter is not working properly because
> self._brick_collection.source._grids is an empty ndarray.  For example, I
> get the following DEBUG message before the fatal error:
>
> yt         DEBUG      2010-12-30 16:40:49,932 Preloading ['Density'] from 0
> grids
>
> I now need to track down why _grids is not being filled appropriately; all
> the other grid-type-lists I have found are properly filled.

My guess is actually the width argument -- you're setting it to 1.0,
and the center to 0.5, 0.5, 0.5.  Can you try with:

W = pf['unitary']
c = 0.5*(pf.domain_right_edge + pf.domain_left_edge)

which should grab all the bricks?

>> Do you want to push your Maestro changes so that we can
>> take a look at them, see how they are implemented?
>
> I have some clean-up to do on the code, but I will certainly push it once I
> have things a bit better organized.

Awesome!

-Matt