[Yt-dev] Call for testing: Freetype module build system

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 11:02:49 PST 2010

Hi all,

Thanks for the (so far!) positive (mostly!) feedback.

John -- you should be able to set the base directory in freetype.cfg,
just like png.cfg and hdf5.cfg.  If you give that a shot, can you tell
me if it works?

Also, good to know about the 0.13 thing; cython 0.13 is now part of
the installation script, but with any luck we can just ship the .c
files for the most part.

Sam -- I agree, we should have more unified image handling.  As it
stands, the bitmapping and whatnot is a bit annoying.  I think in
conjunction with the plot objects (and FRBs) we currently have, an
ImageBuffer object would be nice.  It could be created from floating
point values, and then with min/max/colormap properties it could have
a .bitmap property that would return a bitmap.  Or something like
that.  I'm still thinking on it, but I believe we could do something
useful with images.

-Matt