[Yt-dev] Inline Volume Rendering

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 15:00:06 PST 2010

Hi all, (especially Sam)

What's the current status of inline Enzo volume rendering?  Sam, you
had mentioned to me that with the new kD-tree decomposition that this
should be feasible.  If we opt not to move data around, which is my
preference, is it still possible to partition every grid that belongs
to a processor and then do the appropriate number of intermediate
composition steps of the image?  I recall Sam saying this may require
log_2 Nproc composition steps, which may in fact be acceptable.

Thanks,

Matt

PS Stephen, Britton and I have been chatting off-list about inline
HOP, but once we come to a consensus we'll float it back onto the
list.