[Yt-dev] filters for DerivedQuantities

John Wise jwise at astro.princeton.edu
Thu Aug 26 06:00:43 PDT 2010

Hi,

I wanted to calculate volume filling fractions and mass fractions of gas that met some criteria.  Specifically, the fractions that have a certain metallicity.  The _Action routine looked promising, but I couldn't figure out how to use it.  I remember there was some talk about filters on the list, but I searched and found that it concerned the halo finder.

I might have reinvented the wheel, but this is how I did it.

http://paste.enzotools.org/show/1125/

It's basically _TotalQuantity with a filter.  Also I wanted it to accept multiple limits to avoid re-reading the data for every filter.

Was there an easier way to do this?

Thanks,
John