[Yt-dev] How To Use Trac

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 00:41:25 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

As I mentioned in my emails to Jeff and Britton, I've updated the Trac
site somewhat.  I now encourage developers to log in here:

http://yt.enzotools.org/login

with their hg u/p, and then to submit tickets and read over existing
tickets.  Tickets should be submitted for individual tasks as well as
overarching goals.  All modifications to tickets will get sent to
yt-svn, which I think will be an important method of keeping up with
them.

Each ticket should be assigned a target and a component, and if it's a
bug it should include a traceback.

**We should focus on tickets as a workflow system and a capture system
to ensure bugs don't get forgotten.**

Additionally, I'm going to encourage people to start using the Wiki as
either a staging ground for new, gestating documentation as well as
collaborative lists and documents.  I'd moved away from the wiki
myself for a while but I'm coming back to it for more ephemeral or
high-turnover pieces of text ,and I'd like to encourage others to do
the same.  Here are a few pages recently modified by me:

http://yt.enzotools.org/wiki/WishList
http://yt.enzotools.org/wiki/GettingInvolved
http://yt.enzotools.org/wiki/GridDataFormat
http://yt.enzotools.org/wiki/CodeSupportLevels

Additionally, the installation guide, any ideas for the future, etc
etc should be played with on the Wiki.

Thanks,

Matt