[Yt-dev] vector functions

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 20 16:07:04 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I've just written functions to compute velocities of things in various ways,
primarily for halos. For example, one could use these to calculate the circular
velocity curve of a halo very easily. I do this by rotating and translating the
coordinates to make the velocity calculations very easy. I am not done with this
stuff, I need to write some code such that the vector output can be de-rotated
back into the original physical coordinates. For now it outputs velocities as 1D
speeds, which is good enough for me right now. Anyway, what I'm asking is, where
do we think is the best place to sick this in terms of the yt directory
hierarchy? I have a file named 'math_utils.py' which might be appropriate for
this. This will go in yt-dev for the near future. Ideas?

The heavily documented code:

http://paste.enzotools.org/show/1105/