[Yt-dev] galaxy surface density

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 15:44:56 PDT 2010

Hi again,

> calculate gas surface density of halos,

I realized I wasn't be specific enough. Just calculating \Sigma_gas isn't terribly difficult, I just take the virial radius of the halo, find the area of that disk (using the angular momentum vector), find the enclosed gas and divide away. I guess I meant code to calculate things like disc scale heights and stuff like that. Unless you've got the whole kit and caboodle ready right now, don't worry about this. I'll ask again if need be when my thoughts are more formed and solid.

Thanks!