[Yt-dev] Parallel Processes Hanging

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 08:30:38 PDT 2009

I'm glad to hear you're looking into this and I'm very interested to know
what's going on.  My impression from watching this in action was simply that
the head process seemed not so much to be hung up on something, but simply
going much slower than the other processes until the time they finished, at
which point it would speed up.  Parallel projections were where I saw this
the most.  I have a feeling the effect was more noticeable the more
processes you have.

One way I knew it was simply going slow and not actually hung up was that,
when the other processes finished, I would be left with the progress bar of
the route process, with an expected time of completion that was reading vary
large.  However, it would quickly wind back down to something more
reasonable as it would be speeding back up.

Sorry that isn't much help.  Good luck with this.  I'd really love to know
what's going on here.