[Yt-dev] Parallel Processes Hanging

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 10:22:51 PDT 2009

Hi guys,

Britton, Sam and Stephen have all reported to me at different times
that it seems sometimes one of the processors in a parallel job hangs
for a while then races to catch up at the end.  Have any of you ever
successfully done any localization of this problem?  Figuring out
where exactly it hangs?  I think this would show up in per-processor
profiling, and looking to see which functions take up the most time on
processors, and disparities in that across procs.  I'd *really* like
to track this down, as it's now causing us some real problems.

Thanks!