[Yt-dev] Particles

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 21:11:33 PDT 2009

I think something like the first example you gave would be the best.  It's
definitely more in keeping with the data_object[field] notation for getting
grid data.  In a very similar vein, I find it much more intuitive to think
of asking for the particles or grid data associated with a particular object
than say start with some larger structure for handling particles for the
entire pf, and give me only the ones in some sphere or other object (this is
my interpretation of the second example you gave).

Additionally, I think particle data-space stuff you done in Enzo is great.
It seems silly to have to read in an entire set of particles only to filter
most of them back out, like with star particles.  This will also come in
handy for other people who are working with tracer particles.

Britton