[Yt-dev] Merging mercurial back into svn trunk

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 18:17:58 PDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I've merged the mercurial branch 'yt' back into the subversion trunk.
There are two sets of changes I did not merge, because they are from
other contributors -- I did merge a few of Sam's changes, which I hope
he's okay with, because they are part of my own.  However, I didn't
merge either:

yt/extensions/EnzoSimulation.py by Britton (wasn't sure if this was up
to date or out of date)
yt/lagos/PointsInVolume.* by John (substantial amount of code of yours)
yt/lagos/HierarchyType.py by John (the find_particles_by_type)

Neither of these should take more than one or two minutes to handle...
 You can see the diff by looking at the output of "hg diff -B -r
trunk" when you're in the latest head of the 'yt' repo.

This merger includes the VTK and time series stuff, as those are both
going to be big parts of the 2.0 release.  Rapid development will
still take place in hg, but it had been too long since I brought it
back.

Let me know if you have any problems with the trunk following this big
commit (r1485 for all the python, r1486 for the Cython-ized C code).
The second stage of this will be to merge the hierarchy rewrite from
the memory-optimization branch of mercurial.  The third stage will be
a reorganization of the source tree.