[Yt-dev] yt fof question

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 08:36:31 PDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I think this question is mainly for Stephen and possibly John, if he's on
this list.  I was trying to make a direct comparison between the halos found
with yt FOF and with John Wise's FOF for the same simulation.  The mass
functions definitely look the same, but the particle membership for any
given halo is totally different.  I'm sure this is just a matter of the
particle indexing.  Does yt FOF use the particle IDs from enzo, or some
different system?  Any ideas for how I might correct this issue would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Britton