[Yt-dev] Packed AMR hierarchy problem

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 11:38:17 PST 2009

> The maximum value in .harrays["/Level"] (I used h5dump to check, to be sure) is the same as self.max_level, which is as it should be, right? I have self.max_level = 2867, max(["/Level"]) = 2867, the number of grids is 5403, MAXLEVEL is 48. Should self.level_stats have 2867 entries, 5403 or 48?

No, self.max_level and ["/Level"].max() should NOT be 2867.  The
arrays mean exactly what you think they mean: the level of a grid.
level_stats should have one entry for every level in the hierarchy.
Send me your .harrays file?  Perhaps that has been generated
incorrectly; did it come straight out of Enzo?  I wrote both the enzo
and yt code for the .harrays, so maybe I screwed something up.