[Yt-dev] Projection speed improvement patch

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 17:39:26 PST 2009

> I've created a patch that handles both of these things, and it's in
> the hierarchy-opt branch as hash 801b378a22f7.  Because this touches
> the C code, this requires a new install or develop (depending on how
> you installed the first time.)  If you get a chance, could you let me
> know if this improves things?  I think maybe modifying the exact
> buffer size inside yt/lagos/HDF5LightReader.c may adjust things as
> well.

Triton came back up, and I've been testing this, and for some reason
the preload_style='all' is not working over here.  I'm going to take a
look at it.  I also discovered that ACC_RDONLY only works with the
HDF_CORE driver for HDF5-1.8, so I'll see about inserting some check
against the API for that in the code.