[Yt-dev] HaloFinding thoughts

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Sat May 9 11:37:53 PDT 2009

Matt,

> n_parts = self.pf.h.gridNumberOfParticles.sum()

Perfect, thanks.

I moved a few of the preload()s in HaloFinding around since the patch I last sent and I ran tests on both FOF and HOP. I have it such that there are no calls to HDF5LightReader.ReadData() for parallel runs of either.

I've also been testing .write_particle_lists(), which I've got working using preloading. The only problem with that right now is in a parallel run, it makes multiple h5 files, as it should, but there's no output file listing which h5 file has what halo. I'm thinking of either outputting a simple text file, or outputting a modified HopAnalysis.out that lists the h5 file each halo is in using an additional column. Which is preferable?

Thanks!