[Yt-dev] OpenMP HOP

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Fri May 8 16:08:17 PDT 2009

Matt,

>  You
> should be able to modify the yt/lagos/hop/setup.py file to set up the
> compiler options as necessary.

That's actually not my problem right now. I have distutils building with the needed flags. I think I'm missing something else. Here's what I have right now:

    config.add_extension("EnzoHop", sources=
                                    ["EnzoHop.c",
                                     "hop_hop.c",
                                     "hop_kd.c",
                                     "hop_regroup.c",
                                     "hop_slice.c",
                                     "hop_smooth.c",
                                     "para_median.c",],
                                     libraries=["m"],
                                     extra_compile_args=["-fopenmp -DOPENMP"],)

If I add "gomp" to libraries, instead of the omp_unset_lock error, I get:

libgomp.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

That file is in /usr/lib which is in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH (I'm running on a login node).

I searched the numpy discussion list and all I can find about OpenMP are messsage threads on whether or not to use OMP, not how to build modules.