[Yt-dev] 1024^3 HOP problems

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Thu May 7 10:52:21 PDT 2009

Okay.  Here's where I'm at right now.

I believe we encountered KeyboardInterrupt errors before when the
script was being killed either by out-of-memory or memory-corruption
issues.  This would only be possible in the HOP code, which
corresponds to what you are seeing in terms of the commenting out of
RunHOP.  Unfortunately, it's not easy for me to reproduce memory
corruption here on such a large dataset.  I am attempting to do so
with the L7 RD0035 dataset.  I will be doing this by running your
script on four processors on one of our machines; unfortunately, all
our multiproc machines also have lots of RAM.  So I'm not sure I'll be
able to get identical results, but I am trying.

Are you running with vanilla trunk, and which revision?  I'm on
vanilla trunk r1297.

-Matt