[Yt-dev] moving yt from pytables to h5py

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Tue May 5 16:58:34 PDT 2009

Awesome.

Here's a patch I just created to apply to trunk to see the effects:

http://paste.enzotools.org/show/119/

I ask that if you apply this you NOT commit it.  If we could get at
least one person to apply this patch and run some simple calculations,
that would be outstanding, and good enough for me.

It includes an updated script that will also optionally install
mercurial, as with the now-launched barn we want to encourage more of
that.  When we move to h5py over tables, Britton will send an email
announcing this to yt-users, including the note about easy_install.

-Matt