[Yt-dev] RMS mass overdensity method

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 22:27:40 PST 2009

Hi Stephen,

There are a couple things.  It looks like every traceback ends with
KeyboardInterrupt.  Not sure what that's about, but it's difficult to
tell what's going on.  I've created a patch to separate out the
tracebacks from each processor, but keep in mind that this *could*
cause a deadlock if not all of them signal at the same place.  (An
alternative would be to print each traceback to a file and then exit,
which I'll put into trunk, actually, if this sounds like a good plan
to y'all.)

http://paste.enzotools.org/show/67/

It should be useful in your case.

What I would try, to separate out the memory issues, would be manually
cleaning each grid after you do, say, 10 sphere:

for g in pf.h.grids: g.clear_data()

and see if that fixes it.  If so, then it's a memory issue, and there
is likeyl a reference hanging around.  On immediate inspection I
didn't see it, but I'll take another look.  If you can get the
separated out tracebacks, that'd be awesome.

-Matt