[Yt-dev] yt-hop configuration improvements?

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 22 22:03:11 PDT 2009

Hi guys,

I had an email exchange with Brian a few days ago about trying to reproduce some data he made on L7. In particular, he gave me some settings for HOP hop.c and regroup.c that cannot be changed using the current setup. Happily, I was able to reproduce the list of haloes he found using his three step serial process with parallel yt-hop once I made some hard-coded changes to HOP.

If we want to have as many options as the serial version Brian used, there would have to be about 10 optional inputs to yt-hop, which I know will kind of go against the aesthetic that Matt has for the current yt-hop. Unless there are any questions or protests, I'll try to add these options tomorrow.