[Yt-dev] Matplot lib glitches: long underscore, linestyle

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 06:37:40 PDT 2009

Hi Dave,

> I've noticed two strange glitches when making eps files with it.

Usually I make pdf files to include in my docs... :(

> So I had
> plt.scatter(stuff, label='\rho_{truelove}')
>
> and it caused problems.

what about:

plt.scatter(stuff, label=r"$\rho_{\mathrm{truelove}}$")

?

> I haven't sorted it out, but I figure most of y'all will be using
> matplot lib to put things into tex at some point.

Thanks!  Which version of matplotlib are you using, by the way?  There
were major changes between 0.91 and 0.98.  If this gets to be too much
of an issue, it might be worthwhile to bring it to the matplotlib-user
mailing list.