[Yt-dev] Matplot lib glitches: long underscore, linestyle

david collins antpuncher at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 01:40:06 PDT 2009

Hi--

I've been making a bunch of plots these days, some of them using matplotlib.

I've noticed two strange glitches when making eps files with it.

In both cases, the plots are made just fine, the eps files look good
when you open them with gv/preview.  But when you try to make them
into a latex document, the document builds fine, but dvipdf hangs
indefinitely.

First, if you make a histogram with fill=False and linestyle='dashed'
The second is if you try to include long text in a subscript in a
caption.  So I had
plt.scatter(stuff, label='\rho_{truelove}')

and it caused problems.

I haven't sorted it out, but I figure most of y'all will be using
matplot lib to put things into tex at some point.

d.