[Yt-dev] RMS mass overdensity method

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 14:23:31 PST 2009

Okay, one last set of questions, and a request.  There have been a
couple iterations of the install script, one of which installed from
eggs.  (We no longer do this.)  In your lib/python2.6/site-packages/
is there a 'numpy' directory, or is it an egg?  What's numpy* in that
directory?  As I recall, on Ranger you have to use the mpi4py
executable to run the scripts; did you re-compile and re-install this
when you upgraded to the newest mpi4py from google code?  Can you
ensure that you did by deleting the existing one and re-installing
from the google code repo?  What happens if you run on *one* processor
launched with python rather than mpi4py, with *no* MPI calls?  Does it
finish?

And the request would be to try with a new, fresh install using the
latest install script -- I know, this sucks, and it will take a while,
but I am more than a ltitle concerned by this particular error
message, as it is leading me to believe that there's something in the
underlying code that we are *drawing out*, rather than a bug in your
implementation.  I think this idea, though, you should table until
you've checked mpi4py.  That is seeming like a possible candidate.