[Yt-dev] RMS mass overdensity method

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 08:27:20 PST 2009

> As you sent it to me doesn't work. As you have it, I don't get any error messages at all. If I take away the first Barrier() I will get error messages and proc IDs (I added >> stderr to the prints b/c Ranger separates stdout and err), but they're still all jumbled up together.

Ah, I see.  It works for me because all the processors crash at the
same time on mine.  On your error they must not...

> This does nothing, as far as I can tell, to help this problem.

Okay, then if it's a memory issue, it's not in the grids.

I'm reading over your code.

Do we think it's a memory issue?  You said you ssh'd in and memory
growth was zilch.  Is that in fact the case?  Is it a crash, somewhere
else?  Does it dump core?