[Yt-dev] RMS mass overdensity method

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 2 19:35:50 PST 2009

Hi Matt,

I'm trying to run my code on L7, but it's crashing. It does a fair amount of the random spheres, and crashes like this:

http://stephenskory.com/err.txt

The version I'm using is here:

http://paste.enzotools.org/show/66/

I'm not asking you to fix this, Matt, but can you speculate on what might be happening? I am thinking it might be due to memory, which is why I am trying to 'del sp' in the script above, but that makes no difference. I printed out the last 100 or so centers that were chosen, and looked at them by hand to see if that was a problem, but none gave me any problems. I guess what I'm worried about is if what is causing this error will go away with your changes to this method? And therefore how much time should I spend trying to track it down?

Thanks!