[Yt-dev] EnzoCosmology

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 11:58:47 PDT 2009

Hey guys,

I think Matt's right that pf['CosmologyHubbleConstantNow'] is simply taking
what the parameter file is giving us, and that it's a good thing.

When I implemented Cosmology.py and EnzoCosmology.py, I basically rewrote in
python stuff that already existed.  EnxoCosmology.py, being taken from enzo,
originally did accept h [100 km/s/Mpc] (as opposed to H_0).  Cosmology.py,
on the other hand, took H_0.  I figured it was important to standardize the
input to those two sets of functions.  Cosmology.py seemed a little more
complicated, and I figured I had a higher chance of screwing it up, so I
chose to change EnzoCosmology.py.  It would be nice to have them consistent
with the h that comes in from the parameter file, but if we do that, we'll
need to be careful to fix everything that uses the cosmology functions so
they aren't suddenly wrong.

Britton