[Yt-dev] Image list for documentation and image gallery

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 11:22:54 PDT 2009

Hi guys,

Brian and I have been talking about an image gallery slash cookbook.
RIght now the cookbook in the docs is a bit small, but in newer
versions it is getting bigger, and what I'd like to do is to have an
image gallery with corresponding scripts.  I'll handle the
presentation & collection of these, but what I'm thinking about is a
set of "How to make fun images" scripts and, well, output images.

Here's my initial list:

* Slice
* Slice with grid boundaries
* Slice with temperature contour
* Slice with velocity vectors
* Projection
* Projection with HOP circles
* Weighted projection with clump-found overlay
* Cutting plane
* Cutting plane with velocity
* 1D Profile
* Time series of 1D Profile
* 2D Profile
* 2D Profile with overplotted 1D profile
* 3D Profile (s2plot)
* 3D volume rendering (s2plot)

What else *should* be added?  Specifically, what do you all think
about multiplot examples?

I will get these together this afternoon and evening and prepare the
gallery to send out -- I am thinking having them in a source location
in the doc repo, then generate both the output for the docs and for a
nice image gallery.