[Yt-dev] HaloProfiler Problems

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 26 08:56:38 PST 2009

It's below. The only thing I've done differently from the sample provided is comment out HopOutputFile (so it uses the default HopAnalysis.out), and I changed the value of ProjectionWidth, but I don't think that has any effect on the issue at hand.

# Sample HaloProfiler parameter file.

ProfileOutputDir = radial_profiles

ProjectionOutputDir = projections

# Name of hop output file
#HopOutputFile = s-1143.txt

# Name of output file with virial quantities
VirialQuantitiesOutputFile = VirialQuantities.out

# Minimum virial mass in solar masses
VirialMassCutoff = 1e7

# Critical overdensity for virial cutoff.
VirialOverdensity = 200

n_bins = 64

# 1D radial profiles
# Syntax is Profile[Field] = Weight_Field,Accumulate (True or False)
Profile[CellVolume] = None,True
Profile[TotalMassMsun] = None,True

# Projections of individual halos
# Syntax is Projection[Field] = Weight_Field
Projection[Density] = None
Projection[Temperature] = Density

ProjectionWidth = 1.0 # Mpc

# Max level at which halos will be projected.
# This determines the size of the fixed resolution buffer.
# Can be set to any level or use the word 'max' to do the
# max level in the simulation.
ProjectAtLevel = max