[Yt-dev] boundedness change

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 09:09:13 PST 2009

If you check out the IsBound function in derived quantities, the work is
done by a c function in PointCombine.c that accepts a list of x, y, z, and
mass.  It should be simple to write something to throw particle lists
instead of cell lists.  It's not the fastest thing in the world, as there
are (N^2 - N)/2 operations.  Matt has also implemented a version that uses
the CUDA libraries and works on the gpu and is significantly faster.

I haven't seen any objections to removing the extra factor of 2 in front of
the potential energy.  I'm going to do that now.

Britton