[Yt-dev] yt-1.5 documentation?

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 10:34:45 PST 2009

I think this is a great idea.  I think there's some great stuff that
needs to be documented.  I'd prefer that we write it ultimately up in
a Sphinx format; prototyping on the Wiki is fine, if y'all would
rather not dive into Sphinx.  I don't mind converting it back.

There are a few documentation tickets open from 1.0 that were for a
now-unlikely 1.1 release.  http://yt.enzotools.org/report/11  These
are all related to things like sample images and cross-references.  I
dropped the ball there.

Britton gave me notes on the documentation some time ago -- I have to
confess I dropped the ball on those, too.

I'll set up the repo to start including documentation in the trunk,
and then send an outline of what I think should be done...  Definitely
not assignments.  But suggestions.  We've made a lot of progress and I
think we're a lot closer to being able to push this thing out the door
than I thought.

-Matt

PS I'm sending a paper draft to collaborators this morning; I'll be
back online this afternoon.