[Yt-dev] Parallel Hop

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 09:57:20 PST 2009

> I was wondering how parallel HOP is going?  I've got some big datasets
> I'd like to run it on, but I haven't heard if it's working as expected
> or not.  What's the current status?  Are the results converged?  Do we
> have a good idea of how to pad the tiles?

I got distracted from some of my testing (sorry!), and so my opinions aren't fully set yet. I'd say for now if you give a 'healthy' amount of padding, so larger than your largest object, you can do science with it right now. The changes between serial and parallel HOP are smaller than the fuzziness of halo boundaries themselves, so go with it!