[Yt-dev] Parallel Hop

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 12:33:47 PST 2009

Hi Stephen,

Could you summarize quickly for us the following two points?  I want
-- very much -- to eliminate the SS_HopOutput.py file and place it in
the old location, but we *cannot* do so until these are answered
satisfactorily.  You are the one in the best position to answer them.
:)

1. What is the status of determining, automatically, the necessary
padding?  I have suggested that this could be some small multiple of
the root grid dx, but I don't recall hearing back from you.  (I
believe you have been using on the order of 6 root grid cells as
padding.)

2. Are there any outstanding bugs in SS_HopOutput that you have found
prevent it from replacing the old one, and working in both serial and
parallel?  (I have found none.)

Thanks very much!