[Yt-dev] [yt-users] parallel data retrieval

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 10:42:45 PST 2009

Hi guys, I'm moving this to -dev.

This should be in the halos themselves; unfortunately we want to avoid
double-communicating, both between procs and into the file system.  I
will work on that, using Stephen's script as a template.

However, I've also set up a simple little way to add things to wrap,
to get rid of the get_indices, get_velocities, etc functions.  I think
we can use this to prevent any getter/setter methods.

http://paste.enzotools.org/show/46/

Stephen, this is just a simple little mod, but if you could test that
this appropriately wraps the __getitem__ method, that'd be awesome.
Then we can ditch the getters.

-Matt