[Yt-dev] yt-1.6

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 22:32:53 PST 2009

Hi guys,

Just a heads up that we're going to push out a yt-1.6 point release
just around the New Years.  It'll be taken from the trunk+a bit of hg,
which means basically:

 * Bug fixes
 * Stephen's new Parallel HOP
 * Optimized Hierarchy
 * (very inefficient) Direct ray caster
 * Star particle analysis routines
 * SEDs
 * Fixes for plots, including normalized phase plots
 * Collective communication in parallel routines
 * amr_utils instead of the various Cython routines

(Have I missed anything else that's in trunk / hg but not 1.5?)

As you can see, most of the major, user-visible features for this
release are Stephen's.  He's already documented most, as well.
Congratulations and thanks, Stephen!  I'll work to document the
updates I'm responsible for, as well.