[Yt-dev] a few new features added to hg

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 11 13:27:58 PST 2009

Hi all,

I wanted to make you all aware of a few new features I just added to the devel repo.

For a given data_source, like 'sp = pf.h.sphere([0.5]*3, .2)', you can get the volume of the region in your favorite units: 'sp.volume('mpc')'. No units gives it in code units 'sp.volume()'.

I added yt.extensions.StarAnalysis, which has a class StarFormationRate, which when given a data_source with stars in it, will calculate various star formation rates binned over time.

Let me know if you have any questions! And yes, I should eventually document the StarAnalysis stuff!