[Yt-dev] new halo finder

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 20:06:54 PDT 2009

Hi Stephen,

This is great work!  Congratulations on those benchmarks, they're
really something to be proud of.  I'm sure I speak for everyone when I
say we look forward to seeing more from you along these lines.  It's
this kind of work that'll keep making us better and better.

I personally side with you on the issue of breaking backwards
compatibility with original HOP -- it's better to be faster and more
accurate than to preserve compatibility.  The issue of defining a halo
is sticky at best anyway, so I think we all welcome your new approach
with open arms.

-Matt