[Yt-dev] 1024^3 amr hop problem

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 30 11:05:22 PDT 2009

Matt,

> I'd say run a test problem.  Write a script that partitions the
> hierarchy.  Read in a single position field.  Then, copy it a few
> times (my_array.copy()) to see if it dies.  I have never seen the
> error you are seeing, which is why I am inclined to think it's a
> memory issue.  But I'm not sure.

Is this what you had in mind?

http://paste.enzotools.org/show/113/

This ran just fine using 32 threads on 16 nodes on Ranger. The two threads I watched with top maxed out at about 20% of the node each, with roughly 1/2 of the system memory shown as 'used.'

> Since we can localize it to
> that point, maybe you should add in a dir() command on the object as
> well as some print statements to see where it gets.

dir() on which object? The hoplist? Or self.data_source in HaloFinding?