[Yt-dev] Release 1.5

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 21:57:45 PDT 2009

Awesome, looks great!  So I guess if we go back to the list I suggested:

 1. Join the yt/lagos/fof/FOF_Output.py and yt/lagos/hop/HOP_Output.py
files and put them as yt/lagos/HaloFinder.py
 2. Remove as much code duplication as possible between the two by
refactoring into a base class and two subclasses
 3. Add HOPHaloFinder and FOFHaloFinder classes
 4. set HaloFinder = HOPHaloFinder at the bottom of yt/lagos/HaloFinder.py
 5. Change all the recipes in examples/ and on the Wiki to use the new API
 6. Fix yt/mods.py to import from the correct location
 7. Email yt-users to notify about the change in API, but don't stress
the parallel nature just yet.

we've done 1, 2, 3.  I think we can remove HopOutput.py,
SS_HopOutput.py, and FOF_Output.py and add HaloFinder.py in one go.  I
can do this, which is 4 and 6, if you like and you can take care of 5
and 7.

Sound good?

-Matt