[Yt-dev] Release 1.5

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 22 11:13:16 PDT 2009

> 1. Join the yt/lagos/fof/FOF_Output.py and yt/lagos/hop/HOP_Output.py
> files and put them as yt/lagos/HaloFinder.py
> 2. Remove as much code duplication as possible between the two by
> refactoring into a base class and two subclasses

I'm actually kind of hesitant to do this. FoF works, but it's still what I'd call 'experimental.' I haven't done enough testing to trust it yet. I haven't even done a comparison suite with HOP. I think it's OK to put it out there and let people use it, it's not flaky in that sense. In my documentation, I'll write in bold letters something like 'FoF is mostly untested, so if you use it, check your results to make sure they're reasonable!'

Although the chances are small, I don't want to merge together something trusted with something untrusted. Do you see what I mean?