[Yt-dev] hop improvements

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 16:19:24 PDT 2009

Guys,

What seems to be happening was a floating point comparison issue.  It
must just be something with the way the particles were aligned in the
new dataset compared to the old.  Changing the type of 'fm' on line 59
of hop_kd.c from 'float' to 'npy_float64' fixed it for me; the loop
was never converging as a result, so it ran off the end and segfaulted
when it was unable to locate any more data points insie the process's
memory.  There may be other places that this needs to happen, and I
will look for them, but if you could test with this change that'd be
awesome.

Let me know if that fixes it?  And if the memory improves?

-Matt