[Yt-dev] hop improvements

Stephen Skory stephenskory at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 16 12:53:38 PDT 2009

Hi,

I applied the patch and downloaded the .h file, and hop is segfaulting on Ranger:

Copying arrays for 262144 particles
Calling hop... 262144 1.600e+02
nSmooth = 65 kd->nActive = 262144
Building Tree...
Segmentation fault

I've removed any .yt files just to be sure. There were no errors with building hop with 'python setup.py install' in yt:

http://paste.enzotools.org/show/98/

Looking at hop_hop.c, it looks like it's crashing in kdBuildTree(kd) in hop_kd.c, and the only new part there is

-            c[i].fSplit = kd->p[m].r[d];
+            c[i].fSplit = NP_POS(kd, m, d);

which refers to the new stuff in hop_numpy.h. Are there changes to setup.py that weren't in the diff? Say, having to do with _NUMPY_HOP_H?