[Yt-dev] 1024^3 amr hop problem

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 11:07:43 PDT 2009

Hi Stephen,

> Is this what you had in mind?

Sure is.

> This ran just fine using 32 threads on 16 nodes on Ranger. The two threads I watched with top maxed out at about 20% of the node each, with roughly 1/2 of the system memory shown as 'used.'

Okay, so that's roughly what we saw before.  So it's probably not a
memory issue.

> dir() on which object? The hoplist? Or self.data_source in HaloFinding?

Sorry -- dir() on the so-called 'list' object that is throwing the
error.  I'd say dig in there, see if it's a Python error.  If 'append'
is in the dir but it throws an attribute error, then there's a bug in
the interpreter or somehow yt is propagating a bug upwards.